Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Perseverance!

I have done blogs in the past and they go strong for a while, then fizzle out. Lord willing I want to stay committed to this one, a continual reminder of God's faithfulness to me no matter where I am at in life and a testimony of what perseverance produces.

A few years back I chose perseverance to be a daily word, bought a poster, framed it, and it is hung in my living room. Never did I fathom that God would test my perseverance or at least to the extreme he has done so. Hardship for a couple weeks I can pretty much handle, but months of hardship I began to need God's strength. Then when it progressed into years, I began to desperately need the Lord's strength, but I was struggling with how to go about doing that. How do you separate doing things in your own strength and allowing God to do it through you. You cannot do it until you die to self and submit the sinful attitudes to Christ. That revelation did not come to me over night.

{deep breathes-- lots of them}

I remember often hearing about the JOY in the middle of struggles, but when you are feeling sorry for yourself joy is the last thing you want. Because of my bitterness I was accepting my struggles with a spirit of defeat and I would listen to the devil and allow him to drag me deeper and deeper into depression. Through it all the Lord never stopped loving me and he never stops loving you either. You might not feel him and I often did not either, but now when I look back and I read his truth in the Bible I see that he never stops loving us.

May Ephesians 3:18 encourage you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment