Friday, July 4, 2014

Covered in the blood of Jesus

A book I have been reading the last couple of days is "When you can't find God: How to ignite the power of His presence." by Linda Evans Shepherd. Today's reading was chapter four titled Standing against the darkness. The part that stood out to me today was when she was remembering a time when she had a vision during prayer. She was covered  from head to foot in blood, crouching in a shiny white path in a shape of a cross. She asked "Lord, what it this?" He said, "You always pray that you are covered in the blood of Jesus and this is how the enemy sees you." She responded with "I must look pitiful." "Oh no! You look terrifying and powerful. Do not forget, the enemy is afraid of the blood of Jesus." "Are you saying the enemy is terrified of me and I do not even know, I have this power over him?"

All we need to do is resist the devil and he will flee, but we need to follow God's word and do it! I need to respond right away not after the devil has been talking to me, for what sometimes can be hours. May we remember the power we have within us and never forget, when we are struggling or living within our best of days. Remember 1 John 4:4 " You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment