Monday, July 7, 2014

Fill our minds with the things of God.

Lord I need you, oh I need you, every hour I need you. My one defense my righteousness oh God, how I need you. Words by Matt Maher.

Surrounded by Your glory, 
what will my heart feel  
Will I dance for you Jesus 
or in awe of you be still  
Will I stand in your presence 
or to my knees will I fall  
Will I sing hallelujah, 
will I be able to speak at all  
I can only imagine.
Words by Casting Crowns.

All I have ever needed is your Love. Words by Brandon Heath.

These words are so powerful and true and are the three songs I was just listening to. I am finding I need to purposely pick songs to play while I am doing other things. I stopped watching so much TV and started to choose specially what I am feeding my mind and I am seeing a difference. I like cop shows or the 24 series and some science fiction too. But after I have watched a marathon of any one these, I have found myself stressed and negative. God said to me that is because that is what is in those shows and by watching them back to back that is all you have been filling your mind with for four or more hours.

I stopped watching the show "House" all together for so many reasons. 1. It shows all the major illnesses and possibilities and many were neurological --I do not need that right now. 2. Dr. Houses attitude is so wrong and got old after a while--it caused inner strife. 3. There was sexual promiscuity shown on every show.....If I spent more time I could name more.

I love the new service my Amazon prime membership provides,  which is certain music for free to add to a library to listen to playlists that you can build without the ads you get from Utube. There are some selections they offer for members to purchase as well.

I have learned the importance, of what we fill our minds with before in the past and I failed again, but I am choosing to fail forward. I get back up again and persevere in feeding my mind with the things of God. It is like an orchestrated song I have been listening to lately. It plays a tune with just single keys of a piano, then it repeats by adding chords, then again adding a simple violin string, then once again with a fuller set of strings, then finishes off with trumpets and the tune is at a full complete feeling. That is how I feel about the lessons I keep learning in my life. Sometimes I go through them over and over again, but each time I live it out with a new concept included and I am progressing with improvement each time. God is finishing a good work in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment