Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I do not have to wait until heaven....

If I can't be thankful for anything else on any particular day there is one thing that I am thankful for everyday, "The eternal life promise you have given to me." There was nothing I could do to gain it--you gave it to me as a free gift of grace. now there is nothing I can do to lose it either...it is sealed by the Holy Spirit. Eternal joy is something I can count on and it gives me hope everyday. I might suffer each day, but there is "joy" in knowing that I am on the shorter side of eternity.

As Paul said in Philippians 3:14, I press on towards the goal to win the prize. What is the prize? On Sunday I learned that when I choose to let the Holy Spirit help me to live out the fruits of the spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control, I fully experience the power of His resurrection. So when I remind myself that I am on the shorter side of eternity and accept the joy of that truth rather than complaining about my circumstances I experience His POWER at that moment and the even more exciting truth, "I do not have to wait until heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment